My photo
East Coast USA, United States
Teach. Write. Engage. Speak. Porch Sit.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

A fisherman's daughter

Every vivid memory of my dad involves fishing. He absolutely LOVED to fish. If he had down time that's what he did, fish. If you wanted time with him then you were relegated to know how to bait a hook. Even in his last months of life, going to the pier to watch others fishing or simply to gaze out across the water and eating fried flounder where tops on his list. I caught myself on the boardwalk lingering this Father's Day morning to watch the early morning fish charters roll out of the sound knowing I was every bit my father's daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation

Life Enrichment is like a travel and learn program...offering infusions that make every day life thereafter far more interesting! ~ Ann-Marie Adams, Reflections on a Meaningful Life