My photo
East Coast USA, United States
Teach. Write. Engage. Speak. Porch Sit.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HodgePodge Vol. 83

1. What do the words liberty and freedom mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does head in the direction of doing what you please?
Would most days blend these together to frame around gratefulness to have the liberty and freedom to just "be" regardless of where and how "being" transpired.  However my thoughts turn to a quote that my father has hanging in his kitchen window, who in his way sets the tone for how he feels about country and growing older. The pic says it all I think.

2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and over 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
Have to say I like them every which way, but most days give me a dog dressed with dill relish and mustard and I'm a happy camper.  Where I get picky is the dog itself, I'm partial to kosher all beef style, Hebrew National is really my first choice.

3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
I'd never enter an eating contest, a tasting contest yes, but never an eating contest~I don't like feeling miserable from eating. But if I were to engage in a a culinary competition in consumption I'd do the research to discern what foods can be easily consumed quickly and digested with the least amount of discomfort (is there really such a thing?) I really don't even want to think about it.

4. Do you run your house more like a dictatorship or more like a democracy?
I guess if you asked the pets its a dictatorship, living on a schedule and never deviating.  If you ask me, certainly a democracy where the time of day is only reflective what is desired in activity.  If I had kids, I'd lean toward a democracy...which may explain why I'm a favorite "auntie."

5. What was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
Pawley's Island~Murrell's Inlet~Surfside Beach: all South Carolina coastal areas where our family spent one week every summer at a guest cottage, most years being Surfside.  For those unfamiliar with the destination it is now part of the greater Myrtle Beach area.

6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
For years my guest room served as an office and rarely took the shape of a hospitable environment, unless you were in need of an office and its attributes.  I moved to a coastal destination and the number of guests and visitors seemed to increase exponentially so the value I placed on the comfort of my peeps became far more important.  Thus, the office found another dedicated space in the house, a guest room was created and even a sleeper sofa and several comfortable cots are included in lodging.  I many times sleep in my guest room simply because I can.

7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July?
Tend to hang with family and approach the day with nothing but lounging and eating on the agenda and it ALWAYS includes fireworks. This year the only thing hanging in the air is exactly where the extended components of our family will celebrate.  It's coming down to the wire on that decision soon.

8. Scent can carry great meaning and emotion~whether its the dryer sheets, meat on the grill, an old shirt, a new car, a favorite person or a fresh bouquet of flowers.  As humans we are driven by our olfactory.  I, indeed, believe we engage or disengage by our senses...it's natural instinct and memory recollection.
Life Enrichment is like a travel and learn program...offering infusions that make every day life thereafter far more interesting! ~ Ann-Marie Adams, Reflections on a Meaningful Life