My photo
East Coast USA, United States
Teach. Write. Engage. Speak. Porch Sit.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Where is, rather here is the Beef

I personally loved the catchphrase "Where's the beef?" when it was introduced as part of a promotion for Wendy's restaurants back in the 1980's and appreciated it's application again when it was revived this year in a revised catchphrase as "Here's the beef!" With both catch phrases in mind, I've always been rather amused that during Thanksgiving there are those that ensure a beef dish makes it to the table when Turkey takes the main stage. And this year I choke back my amusement as I find myself answering the question "Where's the beef?" on my own Thanksgiving line up. A foodie friend suggested Beef Wellington which initially sounded daunting, but as luck would have it during a recent wine tasting via a Wine Shop At Home party a Wellington recipe pairing was suggested (and provided as a recipe card) to accompany a Sommersville Cellars 2008 Red Meritage (which by the way is also touted as an excellent pairing with dark chocolate). The recipe is linked here. I prefer the plating suggestion using the whole tenderloin for the presentation factor one grasps for in family-style dining, but do appreciate the individual filet preparation found at the AllRecipe.com link. Here's the beef folks, though a beef dish is provided, I for one will be strictly talking turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry relish and pumpkin pie as I feast and give thanks this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation

Life Enrichment is like a travel and learn program...offering infusions that make every day life thereafter far more interesting! ~ Ann-Marie Adams, Reflections on a Meaningful Life