My photo
East Coast USA, United States
Teach. Write. Engage. Speak. Porch Sit.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Mad for Plaid (Better Homes & Garden Salmon Patties)

Locally we are gearing up for our PGA golf tournament called The Heritage and while I'm not an avid golfer the occasion is one of the most invigorating events to experience~on the course, around the course and throughout the community (for locals and nonlocals). I would definitely characterize the tournament as a happening. Pulling out the red plaid cookbook this week seemed appropriate to connect our kitchen to the huge tartan celebration that kicks off with its media day next week (Tournament dates April 18-24). I hold a first edition, second printing 1953 version of the BHG New Cookbook that assures me every recipe has been triple tested by the Taste Test Kitchens staff. (Don't you ever wonder who the test kitchen staff are in this world and if they ever imagined themselves a tester for life?) I suspect my edition was an engagement or wedding gift for my mother. I must say the pages wear their age rather well and are intact, save the last index page. Which fits the theme for the Heritage as it continues and remains intact, though its headline sponsor has indicated they will pull away in 2012 and thus we locally need to reattach a sponsor to this phenomenal event. Know any sponsors looking for great return on their investment? The golf tournament falls Easter Weekend and so my thoughts turn to the salmon patties my mother would make using a salmon loaf recipe she pulled from the red plaid book (though will also point out she made a ham this same time of year that was delish beyond your spiral franchise style). Red Plaid, Easter and Tartan not necessarily your pastel and eggs kinda weekend, but fitting none the less!


Salmon Patties: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/seafood/salmon-patties/

Attending Heritage in 2011 YouTube promo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation

Life Enrichment is like a travel and learn program...offering infusions that make every day life thereafter far more interesting! ~ Ann-Marie Adams, Reflections on a Meaningful Life