My photo
East Coast USA, United States
Teach. Write. Engage. Speak. Porch Sit.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Happiness Soup

Simply show me the color yellow, send me a bouquet of sunflowers or smack me in the face with a broad smile and it invokes my utter happiness. Same holds true for yellow spices, freshly picked ears of corn, butter, and sun beams. One's level of happiness varies by the moment but the bright sunny disposition of this golden broth will signal its arrival through aroma, taste and comfort. And that state of bliss is exactly why many of us hold memories of food experiences indefinitely. (Thank you Nigella!)

2 large yellow courgettes
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 litre chicken broth
100g basmati rice
Maldon salt and pepper

I had to look up two words in this recipe, because they were new to my vocabulary.

Maldon Salt: Sea salt which comes from the Maldon area of Essex, UK.
Courgettes: Zucchini: marrow squash plant whose fruit are eaten when small

For the complete recipe simply go to: www.nigella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation

Life Enrichment is like a travel and learn program...offering infusions that make every day life thereafter far more interesting! ~ Ann-Marie Adams, Reflections on a Meaningful Life