My photo
East Coast USA, United States
Teach. Write. Engage. Speak. Porch Sit.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumnal Birthday Cake

Stay tuned, Sunday's kitchen experience is my personal birthday cake and true to my love of Nigella everything I'm going to attempt her Autumnal Birthday Cake found on her website nigella.com, which is perfect for my approaching birthday week. First, however, I have to figure out what golden caster sugar is, totally clueless as I write this but will have that resolved by Sunday. "-)

FOR THE CAKE:

  • 175g butter, softened
  • 100g golden caster sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 350ml maple syrup
  • 500g self-raising flour
  • 175ml hot water
  • 2 x 21cm sandwich tins, buttered and lined

FOR THE ICING:

  • 2 large egg whites
  • 125ml maple syrup
  • 125g golden caster sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon maple extract, optional
  • 125g pecans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation

Life Enrichment is like a travel and learn program...offering infusions that make every day life thereafter far more interesting! ~ Ann-Marie Adams, Reflections on a Meaningful Life